Body metabolism is all biochemical processes that take place in the body. The body’s metabolism can change the foods and drinks you consume into energy to help various body functions, such as breathing, blood circulation, cell repair, to physical activity. Metabolic rate determines the number of calories the body burns in a resting state though and becomes one of the guidelines in losing weight. Visit shaw-review to get more information about losing weight.
Body metabolic rate is influenced by several factors such as age, body size, sex, and genetic factors. The difficulty of losing weight is often associated with a low metabolic rate. This makes many people look for ways to increase metabolism, in order to lose weight faster.
Indeed, low body metabolic rate is rarely the cause of weight gain. The thing that really affects the weight is the amount of food and drink consumed and the level of physical activity.
– Eating protein can increase metabolism because the body burns more calories to digest protein in food. Protein can increase the body’s metabolic rate by up to 15-30%. In addition, the protein takes longer to digest, thus making you feel full longer. Eating protein can also prevent the body from losing muscle mass due to the diet process in general.
– Consumption of foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids to help increase metabolism, reduce inflammation, and balance blood sugar. This content can be obtained from omega-3 enriched eggs, and fish oil.
– Eat a nutrient-rich breakfast shortly after waking up will increase the body’s metabolism.
– Eat small portions of food at least 6 servings a day, to keep blood sugar levels and prevent spikes of insulin.
– Limit or avoid the consumption of foods containing trans fats that can reduce the body’s ability to burn fat. Consuming too much trans fat can also cause insulin resistance as well as inflammation.